Configuring Terminal Viewers
You can use Terminal Viewers to create and manage Java terminals, ActiveX terminals, HotGUI terminals, file transfer tools, host printers, Terminal Layouts, and Host Graphics configurations for distribution to users over an intranet or the Internet. There are several EXTRA! components involved in the process of customizing this solution to meet your requirements.
|To configure terminal viewers
- Run MCS.
This procedure assumes that you've already configured MCS. See the Setting Up Centralized Management topic for details.
- In the MCS left pane, point to Products and then click Terminal Viewers.
- In the Terminal Viewers tree, choose a host type.
If you're creating a Layout configuration, choose Terminal Layouts and skip the next two steps.
||In this release, Layouts can only include the following configuration types: 3270 Terminal and 3270 Printer
The configuration types you can configure for the selected host type appear.
- If necessary, click next to a configuration type to further expand the list of configuration types.
- Choose a configuration type.
- On the Configuration List page, click New Configuration.
- Complete the New Configuration wizard.
||The host alias/IP address (on the Connection Properties page) is required; all other fields contain default settings that can be used on most systems.
When you have finished creating a host access configuration, a presentation is automatically created and stored in Presentation Manager. See the Deploying Clients in Presentations section for more information about presentations and how to deploy them.