Troubleshooting ID Management
If you have problems using ID management, follow these steps.
|To troubleshoot ID management
- Verify that the server meets the minimum system requirements necessary to use this product.
- If you assigned IDs to user names, make sure the user is prompted to provide a user name when accessing the presentation.
The authentication method specified in Presentation Manager determines whether or not a user name prompt appears. You can disable authentication only if you assign presentations to specific users or groups. This ensures that a user name prompt appears when the user accesses the myAccess Links page.
- Make sure the client configuration is set up properly.
For example, make sure that the session configuration or application specifies using ID management. If you're using named pools, make sure the pool name in the configuration matches a pool name in MCS. If you're using host names, make sure the host address specified in the configuration matches an IP address or DNS name associated with the host name.
- Make sure the lease and inactivity timeouts are correct.
For example, if sessions are closing unexpectedly, the inactivity timeout might be too short. If needed, change these timeouts.
- If you cannot identify and solve the problem without assistance, contact your product distributor.
Call from a location where you have access to the server.
- Search the Attachmate SupportWeb site for more information, or contact Attachmate.