Installing a Package
If you work in a clustered environment, you'll need to remove your servers from the cluster before installing with the package installer, and then recreate your cluster later. You can add and remove servers from a cluster through the MCS console under Services | Server Management | Cluster Management.
|For this component
||Copy these files
|EXTRA! X-treme Manager
|FTP Client Manager
|To install a package (component) on an MCS server
- In the MCS left pane under Services, click Server Management.
- Under Server Management, click Package Installer.
- In the MCS right pane under Clusters, select the name of the server on which you want to install the package.
- Under Products, select the component or service that you want to install.
||If you're installing a product in which the installed version must maintain a specific directory structure, it is important to install the packages in parent directories first. You should observe the structure of an installed version before you attempt an installation using the package installer because the resulting directory structure is not evident in the package installer user interface.
For example, an installed version of Terminal Viewers has the following structure (although only some of these directories may be present, depending on your selections during installation):
Packages that are located under HASnn in the installed version must be installed before packages under AViewer, EViewer, or UViewer, and packages under EViewer must be installed before packages in any of its subdirectories.
- To perform the installation, click Install.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 as needed to install additional packages on the selected server.
- When you're finished installing packages, restart the application server.
||If you want to remove a component, click Uninstall.