If you want to license a Terminal Viewers client (for example, 3270 Terminal, 3270 Printer, or 5250 Terminal), you must install the license certificate provided with Terminal Viewers.
|To configure licensing in MCS and install a license certificate
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Licensing.
- Under Licensing, click Configure Licensing.
- In the Settings page, ensure that Enable Licensing is selected and modify the values for other options as required.
- Click Save to activate your settings.
- In the Certificates page, choose Add.
- In the Open dialog box, locate the license certificate (.xml) file, which is typically provided on the product's installation CD, and then choose Open.
For example, for 3270 viewers, the license certificate is located at \myExtra\HAS30\EViewer\ViewerLicense.xml.
- When prompted, type a description for the certificate (for example, Terminal Viewers) and click OK, and then click OK to close the Certificate Install message box.
The certificate is added to the certificate list and, when you refresh the browser a Metering node and a corresponding sub-node are added to the MCS Licensing tree. (The name of the new node is defined in the license certificate file.) These nodes allow you to access metering information for the corresponding client applications.
For a description of options on these pages, click Help in the upper-right corner of the MCS window.