Authenticating Presentation Users
The Presentation Authentication feature in Presentation Manager makes it possible for you to specify the level of security that is required for end users to access presentations from the myAccess Links page. With the Assign Users feature, you can specify who is allowed to access specific presentations; with the Authentication feature, you can specify how those users prove to MCS that they are, in fact, the users who have been assigned to the presentation they are requesting.
||There is a similar feature in the MCS Security function, which allows you to specify the level of security that is required to access the MCS console, or publish or edit presentations stored on MCS.
|To set the user authentication type for presentation access
- In the MCS left pane, point to Products and then click Presentation Manager.
The Presentation Manager tree appears.
- In the Presentation Manager tree, click Presentation Authentication.
The Authentication page appears in the MCS right pane.
- From the Authentication Type list box, select the desired level authentication for accessing assigned presentations.
If the Authentication Type is set to
None, all users will be able to access all presentations, regardless of which users or groups are assigned to the presentations.
- (Optional) If necessary, change the settings for the remaining options.
For details on any of the options on this property page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the window.
- Click Save to activate your settings.