Selecting a Directory Service
The default directory service for MCS is MCS directory. You can add new users and groups to the MCS directory, or you can specify that MCS use another directory service to manage MCS users and groups. For the other directory service types, the user and group lists are maintained by that directory service, rather than by MCS.
|To select a directory service
- In the MCS left pane, point to Services and then click Security.
- Click Directory Services.
- In the Directory Services page under Directory Type, select the directory service that you want to use for managing MCS users and groups.
For information about options on the Directory Services page, click Help in the upper-right corner of the MCS window.
- Do one of the following:
|If you select
||There are no user-configurable options and the server address is a fixed value. Move on to the next step in this How-To.
|LDAPv3 Directory, Windows NT (NTDS), or NIS
- Click Configure to display the properties dialog box for the selected directory service and configure properties as needed.
- Click OK to close the properties dialog box.
For information about options in any of the properties dialog boxes, click the Help button on the dialog box.
- Click Save to activate your directory service settings.