Assigning IDs to Pools
After you have created an ID pool, you add IDs to the pool. These IDs provide unique connection data for a session with a host. The type of connection data and available properties for an ID depend on the host type with which it will be used.
|To add IDs to a pool
- In the MCS left pane under Services, click ID Management.
- Under ID Management, click Configure IDs.
- In the MCS right pane, select an existing pool from the tree, right-click to display the shortcut menu, and then choose New ID.
When you choose New ID, a series of pages guides you through the process of selecting options for your ID.
||These pages vary, depending on the selections you make from the New ID page. For information about the options on these pages, click Help.
- From the New ID page, specify a Host Type, ID Name, ID Type, and, in most products, a Host Name for your ID.
The host type you select determines the ID naming conventions and ID types available to you. Regardless of the host type, the ID name you specify cannot include spaces or commas.
- To automatically generate a range of IDs based on the information you specify, select Range. You can pad the start value by prefixing additional zeros, for example, you could start with 00100.