Publishing Configuration Files
Using Configuration Publisher, you can transfer configuration files from a client environment to the MCS server for centralized management and deployment. You must have EXTRA! X-treme MCS Administrator's Edition to access Configuration Publisher.
|To publish configuration files to MCS
- Using the MCS Administrator's Edition, from the Tools menu, choose Manage Configurations, then choose Publish Configurations.
From the Attachmate EXTRA! X-treme program group in the Windows Start menu, choose Configuration Publisher.
- If you are asked to log on to the EXTRA! X-treme Centralized Management Server, do so.
The Configuration Publisher window opens.
- If necessary, use the Browse button to locate the directory that contains the configuration files you want to publish to MCS.
The Local Configuration Files list displays all configuration files found in the selected directory and its subdirectories.
- From the Local Configuration Files list, select the files you want to transfer.
- Choose how you want to publish your files to MCS:
|Group the files together and publish them as a configuration package
||Click the New Package button, then from the Create Configuration Package dialog box, type a name for the package and click OK.
|Publish the files individually (not as part of a configuration package)
||Click the Transfer button.
- When you are finished uploading files to MCS, click Close to quit the Configuration Publisher.