Complete a DMSII Reorganization
If you use DATABridge Span for replication, follow this procedure after a DMSII database reorganization occurs.
To complete a DMSII reorganization
- Complete the steps in Prepare for a DMSII Reorganization, which include creating backup copies of the current DESCRIPTION file and DMSUPPORT library.
- Run DATABridge Span. When it detects the reorganization, DATABridge Span stops and displays the following message:
DATABridge Engine: >>>  Table reorganization required for datasetname; DMS dataset level = updatelevel, Table level = clienttablelevel <<<
If the DESCRIPTION/databasename file has a different update level than the audit file, DBEngine tries to read one of the following files (in the order shown):
If the DMSUPPORT library has a different level than the audit file, DBEngine tries to read one of the following files (in the order shown):
Continuing with the previous example, when you run DATABridge Span, it might try to process an audit file with update level 51. If so, DATABridge automatically tries to read DESCRIPTION/BANKDB/51 or 51/DESCRIPTION/BANKDB and tries to link to DMSUPPORT/BANKDB/51 or 51/DMSUPPORT/BANKDB to determine how to process that audit file. When DATABridge finishes processing audit files with update level 51, it searches for a DESCRIPTION file and DMSUPPORT file with update level 52.
- Process the DATABridge Span output files as you usually do. For example, you may transfer them to the client system. This prevents from having data (if record sizes are equal) or an /OLDATTS node appended to the filenames of your old output (if record sizes are not equal) the next time you run DATABridge Span.
- Prepare the client system to process files corresponding to the new format for the reorganized data sets. The changes you make will depend on how the client is set up at your site.
- In the DATABridge Span parameter file, identify the reorganized data sets which will now have a mode of 3, and do the following:
- Change the mode from 3 (indicating reorganization) to 2 (indicating “ready to update”).
- Change the client format level to match the DMSII format level.
- Run DATABridge Span as usual.
The reorganized records will appear in the DATABridge Span output files.