General Troubleshooting Procedure
Complete these steps if you have problems using DATABridge.
To troubleshoot DATABridge
- Check to see that your system meets the minimum hardware and software requirements necessary to use the product. For a list of system requirements, see the DATABridge Installation Guide.
- Check your system. You may be using peripheral equipment or other software that is not be compatible with this product.
- Check the usercodes for your DMSII databases and the usercode for the DATABridge files. Make sure that the DATABridge software can access the DMSII DESCRIPTION, CONTROL, DMSUPPORT, and audit files.
- Check parameter file options for the DATABridge accessory you are using. Make sure all tailored support library transforms, filters, and formats are also entered into the GenFormat parameter file and are spelled correctly.
- Resolve errors. Check the mainframe console ODT for messages from any DATABridge accessory or utility. Look for DATABridge printer files in the DBBD/RUN/= directory. Also check the DATABridge Client logs, if used. If you are receiving error messages or status messages that you don’t understand, see the DATABridge Error Guide included with the product documentation.
- If you cannot identify and solve the problem without assistance, contact your product distributor. Call from a location where you have access to the problem mainframe.
- Troubleshoot the problem using information available from Attachmate Technical Support.
This service directly links you to our internal help desk system, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Contact Attachmate Technical Support: