Use this procedure to configure the Client to check for updates at scheduled times or at specific intervals. Scheduling is a function of the service. The service starts DBClient to run a process command at the specified times.
To schedule updates
- In the Explorer view, right-click the data source and choose Client Configuration.
- On the left, click the plus (+) sign next to Processing and click Scheduling. For a description of these options, click the Help button in the lower-left corner of the Client Configuration dialog box.
- Do one of the following:
- To specify regular intervals, select Fixed delay (in seconds) and type a number.
- To specify times of day, select Daily and then click a <choose time> button. In the analog clock that appears, drag the hour and minute hands to the time you want, and click PM in the center of the clock to toggle to AM. Click the green check mark to close the dialog box. Specify as many times as you want.
- From the Automatic Run Options, select any additional options you want and then click OK.
Your selections are saved to the binary configuration file (dbcontrol.cfg) for the service.
Note: If an unrecoverable error occurs, the data source in question and any scheduled updates for that data source are temporarily suspended. This saves significant mainframe resources that would otherwise be used in repeated failed attempts at running DBClient.