Creating or Importing an Enterprise Server Source
Before you can replicate DMSII data, you must create an Enterprise Server source (also referred to as a base source) from the MCP server that contains DMSII data. A base source is the same as the SOURCE defined in the DBServer parameter file.
After you create a base source, you can filter it by creating a local source from the base source. You can then assign a number of filters for that local source. If filters are implemented in , sources are filtered on the MCP server before the local filters are applied.
This procedure describes how to create an Enterprise Server source by using the user interface. You can also create sources by importing a configuration file. See Importing a Configuration File.
To create a base source
- Connect to an MCP server or to a Windows computer that is running DATABridge (see Connecting to a Host Running DATABridge.)
- In the left pane of the DATABridge Enterprise window, under DATABridge Sources, click the plus sign (+) next to the host name. Then, click the plus sign (+) next to the DBServer item beneath it to view all available sources on that port.
Note: This process may take a long time, depending on how many sources are defined.
- Right-click the source for which you want to create a base source and select Add to DBEnterprise.
The base source appears in the right pane of the DATABridge Enterprise window, under DBEnterprise Sources, using the same name as the DATABridge source. The status area on the bottom of the DATABridge Enterprise window notifies you if a source is unavailable or when the data set list is being retrieved, expanded, and so on.
- Right-click the base source you just created and select Properties.
- In the Base Source Properties dialog box, review and change options as needed, and then click OK.
To import a base source
Use this procedure to import a source that was created in a different working directory location (for example, using a prior version of Enterprise Server).
- In Enterprise Server, click the Import button on the right side of the window.
- In the Open DATABridge Enterprise Configuration File dialog box, click DBEnterprise Configuration, choose DBEnterprise Sources (*.source), browse to the source file, and click Open.