Rename a Table or Column
Use this procedure to rename a table or a column in the relational database.
Caution: Make this type of change only before cloning the data source. Otherwise, you may need to reclone.
To rename a table or column
- In the Explorer view, right-click a data source and choose Customize Data Source.
- In the DMSII view, select the data set or data item you want to rename.
The table and columns for the selected data set appear in the Relational view.
- In the Relational view, select the table or column you want to rename.
- In the Relational Properties view, do one of the following:
- To rename a table, click the value for Table Name, and type the new name.
- To rename a column, click the value for Name, and type the new name.
- Press the Enter key to apply the value.
The icon for the renamed item changes to indicate that the item has one or more pending changes.
- To undo your changes, right-click the modified item, and select Discard Changes.
- In the toolbar, click Save .