Customize a Data Source
Use the Client Configurator to map individual DMSII data sets (and their items) and customize the table layout of the relational database. Customizations should be made before you clone a data source or your changes may require that you reclone. For a description of the Client Configurator graphical user interface, see Tour the Client Configurator. If you want to make customizations that affect the entire data source, use the Client Configuration dialog box. See Customize the Client Configuration.
To customize the table layout
- To start the Client Configurator, from the Explorer view, right-click a data source and select Customize Data Source.
- In the Client Configurator, in the DMSII view, select the data set you want to customize. In the example below, EMPLOYEE is selected.
Properties for the selected data set appear in the DMSII Properties view.
For best results, make all of your changes in the DMSII Properties view first, and then use the Relational Properties view, rather than alternating between the two views.
- To customize the data set, do one or more of the following:
- To exclude a data set from replication, deselect the Active check box.
- To modify the data set, make selections from the DMSII Properties view.
- To modify a DMS item, right-click it in the DMSII view and choose from the available options. (See individual topics in this section.)
- To customize the relational database tables and their columns, do one or more of the following:
- To undo a change, right-click the modified item and select Discard Changes.
- To commit a change, in the toolbar, click Save. If the Save button is unavailable, click anywhere in the Client Configurator window.
- In the toolbar, click Refresh Relational to populate the Relational view. This view shows how the modified items will be mapped to the relational database.
- Choose File > Exit to close the Client Configurator.