Handling New Columns
Use the following procedures to either ignore or add new columns that were added to the DMSII database. When you add a new column, you can make the Client interpret the DMS item as a date by modifying the customization script.
Note: You can also use the Client Configurator to add or ignore new columns. See the DATABridge Client Console Help.
The following two procedures use a new column named "ORDER-DATE" as an example.
To ignore the new column
- In the Client configuration file, set the file parameter suppress_new_columns to True.
- Modify the data set mapping customization script (script.user_layout.order) by adding the following lines:
update DMS_ITEMS set active=0
where dms_item_name='ORDER-DATE' and dataset_name='ORDERS'
To treat the new column as a date
- In the Client configuration file, set the file parameter suppress_new_columns to False.
- For the new item ORDER-DATE to be treated as a date in the corresponding relational database table, to the data set mapping customization script (script.user_layout.order), add the following lines:
update DMS_ITEMS set di_options=2, dms_subtype=23
where dms_item_name='ORDER-DATE', and dataset_name='ORDERS'
- If you already ran a redefine command, run the reload command to reload the client control tables that were created by the first redefine command.
- Run the redefine command to apply your changes.