Setting Up a Base Source Cache
To enable caching, you must first configure a base source cache. The base source cache has additional options such as whether to cache before- and after-images. Each of the base source's local sources inherits these configurations.
To set up a base source cache
- In the right pane of the DATABridge Enterprise window, right-click a base source and click Properties.
- In the Base Source Properties dialog box, click the Cache button.
- In the Base Source Cache Properties dialog box, do the following:
- In the Cache parent directory box, type or browse to the directory to which cached files are written. This enables caching.
- From the When tracking, read cached files menu, select an option to specify how caches will be read.
- From the Wait for audit to cache options, specify when you want to run caching.
- Click OK.
- In the Base Source Properties dialog box, specify other options as needed, and then click OK.
- Click Save in the DATABridge Enterprise window.
Note: If the Save button in the DATABridge Enterprise window is enabled, you have made changes that have not been written to disk and therefore are not yet in effect. To put your changes into effect, click the Save button.
- For each local source (derived from this base source) that you want to cache, set up the local source cache. If you don't have local sources you want to cache, you can populate the base cache.