Copy Audit Utility
Typically, each time an audit file closes, the DMSII Accessroutines starts the standard DMSII DATABASE/WFL/COPYAUDIT, which does the following:
- Copies the closed audit file to tape
- Removes the closed audit file from disk
The DATABridge Copy Audit utility (WFL/DATABRIDGE/COPYAUDIT) can intercept the copy audit parameters issued by DMSII, modify them, and then pass the new parameters to DATABASE/WFL/COPYAUDIT.
The DATABridge Copy Audit utility enables you to do the following:
- Specify the number of closed audit files that should be saved on disk. The default is 2 to accommodate transactions that start in one audit file but end in another. The Copy Audit utility deletes any “REMOVE” from the original DMSII COPYAUDIT parameters and then starts DATABASE/WFL/COPYAUDIT with the modified parameter string.
- Automatically notify the Server Accessory, which then notifies Enterprise Server to start a batch file running the Client each time an audit file becomes available. Using this feature keeps the Client database less than one audit file behind your primary database.
- Run the Span Accessory each time an audit file becomes available.
To use the Copy Audit utility
- Using CANDE or another editor, open the Copy Audit WFL (WFL/DATABRIDGE/COPYAUDIT).
- To automatically notify the Server Accessory and the Client each time an audit file becomes available, set the WANTNOTIFY entry to True.
- For the Server Accessory to notify the Client when an audit file becomes available, you must also configure the NOTIFY parameter in the Server Accessory parameter. See NOTIFY.
- To change the number of closed audit files saved on disk, set the CONSTANT KEEP entry to the number of closed audit files that you want to keep on disk.
The default and minimum value is 2 to accommodate transactions that start in one audit file but end in another. In other words, the newly closed audit file and the previously closed audit file remain on disk. Only the third oldest audit file is removed from disk. This means that at all times three audit files (one current, two old) will be available on the host.
- To run the Span Accessory each time an audit file becomes available, remove the comment sign (%) before the following line and then enter the name of the database you are replicating:
%START WFL/DATABRIDGE/SPAN (databasename);
- If you only run one copy of the Server Accessory on the host, skip to the last step (8). If you run more than one copy of the Server Accessory on the same host, you must create a unique name for the port file (AUDITNOTIFY, by default) that each Server Accessory uses to listen for notifications.
Change the following line
FILE AUDITNOTIFY (FILENAME = AUDITNOTIFY);
FILE AUDITNOTIFY (FILENAME = TESTNOTIFY);
- Change the corresponding line in the WFL/DATABRIDGE/NOTIFY and/or WFL/DATABRIDGE/COPYAUDIT files
FILENAME = AUDITNOTIFY,
FILENAME = TESTNOTIFY,
- Save the WFL.
You can modify the DMSII DASDL to start the Copy Audit utility WFL instead of the DMSII default COPYAUDIT WFL for the database you want to replicate. For instructions, see Modifying the DASDL.