Add a Data Source
Use this procedure to specify data sources for replication. You can add multiple data sources to a service.
If you use DATABridge Enterprise Server, you can add data sources that have been defined in that program. For the host parameters (step 6), use the host and port numbers for Enterprise Server.
To add a data source
- Make sure that your data source is currently and the relational database is configured. For SQL Server, you must have an ODBC data source name specified.
- In the Explorer view, right-click the service , and do one of the following:
- To add a new data source, choose Add Data Source.
- To add a migrated data source, choose Add Existing Data Source. Type the data source name and click OK. Skip the remaining steps.
- In the Add Data Source dialog box, for Name, type the name that exactly matches the SOURCE entry in the corresponding DATABridge Server configuration. The client will use this name as the data source name.
- Do one of the following:
- For SQL Server, in the ODBC data source box, type the name.
- For Oracle, type the database name.
- Specify the type of authentication:
- For SQL Server, select Windows authentication or SQL Server authentication. If you select SQL Server authentication, type the SQL login ID and password.
- For Oracle, type a login ID and password.
- Enter the host parameters:
- For Hostname, type the DNS name or IP address of the host.
- For Port, type the TCP/IP port number assigned to the DATABridge Server.
- For the Post-add actions, do one of the following:
- Select Customize Data Source to modify the settings in the Client Configuration dialog box and Client Configurator. For more information, see Customize the Client Configuration.
- Select Define and Generate Scripts to use the default settings and prepare the data source for cloning. Define uses the default settings, but requires that you manually generate scripts.
- Click Finish.
If the data source parameters are valid, the data source appears in the Explorer view below the service. The service adds the specified login ID and password to the client configuration file (dbridge.cfg).
To remove a data source
This command deletes all of the cloned data of a data source and optionally removes all related files.
- In the Explorer view, right-click the data source and choose Advanced > Remove Data Source.
- In the warning dialog box, select the check box if you want to delete all files related to the data source, and then click OK.