Creating a Composite Key
Use this procedure when you need to create a composite key.
To create a composite key
- Modify script.user_layout.primary_tablename to do the following:
- Set the set_name column of the DATASETS client control table entry for the data set in question to "user_set".
- Specify which items should be part of the composite key by assigning the appropriate values to the corresponding entries for the item_key column of the DMS_ITEMS client control table. Such entries are identified by the values of the dms_item_name and the dataset_name columns.
For information on changing the index from my_aa to a composite key after the data set has been cloned, see Changing an Index from AA Values to a Composite Key.
- After you create the composite key, do one of the following:
- If you have not cloned any tables, run the dbutility define command again.
- If you have cloned tables, set the status_bits column for the corresponding entry in the DATASETS client control table to 8, and run a redefine command.
- Generate new scripts by running the dbutility generate datasource command from the working directory that for the data source.
- Clone or reclone the data sets by running dbutility process datasource from the same directory.